Contemporary requirements for technical solutions in field of industrial production are characterised by high-level intensification, minimal consumption and optimisation of technological processes, which cohere with topical questions of electrical energy savings that are priorities of the research across the world.
Consequently, the research is aimed to development of more sophisticated, more energy saving and smaller sized power semiconductor converters for electrical engineering systems in the area of electrical drives, for design of new control methods of electrical drives with high dynamics and taking into consideration energetic optimisation of the control.
- prof. Ing. Jaroslav Dudrik, CSc., specialised in research and development of high-frequency indirect soft-switched high-power DC converters (power form ones up to tens of kW).
- prof. Ing. Pavol Fedor, PhD., specialised in development of new control structures and applications of modern control methods of electrical drives and multivariable systems.
- prof. Ing. Daniela Perduková, PhD., specialised in development of new control structures for complex drive systems and non-linear systems based on artificial intelligence features.
- doc. Ing. Jaroslava Žilková, PhD., specialised in modern control methods in field of electrical drives and mechatronic systems utilising artificial intelligence methods (neural networks and fuzzy systems).
- doc. Ing. Želmíra Ferková, PhD., specialised in design and modelling of standard and special electrical machines, calculation of electromagnetic and heat fields, utilising of genetic algorithms in electrical drives.
- doc. Ing. František Ďurovský, PhD., specialised in modern methods of control of electrical drives and servo-drives (nonlinear control and observers, state-space control, application of genetic algorithms, load torque emulators), control of technological lines, electrical equipment of vehicles.
- doc. Ing. Viliam Fedák, CSc., specialised in of single- and multi-motor electrical drives, identification, modelling and simulation of mechatronic systems, design of graphical user interfaces for control of mechatronic systems.
- Ing. Marek Pástor, PhD., specialised in control of power semiconductor converters connected into electrical grid.
- Ing. Milan Lacko, PhD., specialised in design and construction of power semiconductor converters and controlling electronics, for power electronics and utilising microcontrollers in variety of applications.
- Ing. Karol Kyslan, PhD., specialised in predictive control of electrical drives with finite control set, dynamic emulation of load with Hardware-In-the-Loop simulation and Rapid Control Prototyping methods.
- Ing. Peter Girovský, PhD., specialised in control of electrical drives utilising neuro- and fuzzy control methods, control of robotic systems and actuators for robotic systems.